What is in this leaflet
1. What Betamethasone dipropionate cream is and what it is used for
2. What you need to know before you use Betamethasone dipropionate cream
3. How to use Betamethasone dipropionate cream
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Betamethasone dipropionate cream
6. Contents of the pack and other information
WHAT BETAMETHASONE DIPROPIONATE CREAM IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Betamethasone dipropionate cream contains the active ingredient Betamethasone dipropionate. Betamethasone dipropionate belongs to a group of medicines called topical corticosteroids which are used on the surface of the skin to reduce the redness and itchiness caused by certain skin problems.
In adults and children, Betamethasone dipropionate cream is used to treat skin problems, including eczema, and all types of dermatitis and psoriasis of the scalp, hands and feet.
Eczema is a common skin disease, which causes the skin to become red and itchy. Dermatitis is inflammation of the skin. Psoriasis is a skin disease in which itchy, scaly, pink patches develop on the elbows, knees, scalp and other parts of the body.